Sucks when you as an electrican cant figure out if something is right when your working in your own home lol heres the question

I just installed a BESA 4light pendant fixture this evening in my kitchen http://www.fun-n-profit.com/besa_PV_series_pendants.htm
model type is like a; 4PV-414881-BR it would be the third one down on that page!

It is a 12volt 50 watt haligon system
I mount it up, tie it in (which was a pain in the as#) attach the globes and bulb bla bla bla
Ok step back call the wife in hit the switch and wham its all good, wife loves it. I start cleaning up i can can sence that smell of something burning i look up and their is a light smoke comeing from the inside of the globes. I shut the switch off drop down the canopy and everything is fine inside. I put it back together fire it up again and it smokes for like 10 mins and appears to have stoped. I ran the fixture for 30 mins and it appears ok. The only other thing i noticed is the hanging wires seem to get warm/warmer (near the glass) to the touch. This fixtuers have alittle glass tube that screws over top of the bulb inside the globe. my guess to prevent the bulb for burning someone if it popped. SO long winded but has anyone out ther ever had this happen befor.
I am new to this high end lighting. is it normal for a haligon bulb to burn off? and for those wires to be warm even though everything inside is cool?
And has anyone worked with besa products
PLEASE HELP!
Sorry had to fix some typos
[This message has been edited by NJ Wireman (edited 11-16-2004).]

[This message has been edited by NJ Wireman (edited 11-16-2004).]