I'm a little shy letting on that I've been lurking on this site for so long, but have really been wanting to take part in some of the threads. My name is Brad, and have been a pool contractor in So. Cal. for 16 years.

I have always done my own installations for my own projects and I do installations for others with regards to controls and pool installations' electrical needs.

I hope to see if maybe someone may have a solution for a control problem I've encountered several times and haven't had the time or interest until now to solve them.

Compool and Jandy are two of the more popular pool/spa control systems out there, and they are easy to use/install. They have a simple 24v coil relay with double pole contacts to control the pumps/lights/or whatever you can route the power through the relay contacts--therein lies my problem.

On several occations, people ask me to set up the pool control to control items that I have no access to run the circuit through the relay. What I'd like to offer them is to have the pool control operate a system that sends the signal through the house wiring to a module on the other end.

Can someone tell me how these systems work [like the X-10]? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Brad