Sorry, this thread was meant for fewellcrew as a response to his thread "Prospects" I must have hit the wrong button [Linked Image] Fewellcrew my little suggestion would be to watch for "contractor signs" on the project, or maybe do some talking with the inspectors in your area if you're on good talking terms with them. They should know something, since a permit is probably required for the construction in progress. My experience where I am is that a lot of building contractors require "workman's comp" before you can do the work. Even though my state allows me to have up to 2 or 3 men before I'm required to have workman's comp., the contractors themselves require it. This may not be a problem in your area. A little research and talking around should get you in the right direction as to who's doing the building though. Probably need to get to it as soon as possible though, as other electrical contracters are probably on the same trail too. Then if you qualify to their requirements, then it's getting the low bid to get the work, at least in my area that's the problem. Then if you're working part time, wiring a house can be drawn out, and sometimes building contractors want it done "now". Can be pretty tiresome on the "old body". When I was working part time, wiring houses was a little more than I could handle. You might want to stick with the smaller work, like service changes, etc. That was one of the deciding factors that made me go out "full time" was that I could not do both jobs, and give my best to both, sort of stretches you a little thin [Linked Image] But I hope you get them. I've been there, done that. Steve.....

[This message has been edited by sparkync (edited 10-17-2004).]