I had my ofice in the house for years until last fall. My wife went back to college full-time and needed her own study room. I have a 24x36 unattached, unheated garage so I did some re-arranging out there and built a 10x12 free-standing room. I insulated it, put plywood on the outside, drywall on the inside, wired it for bb heat, lights, plenty of receptacles, phone lines and cable and put a window in it for an A/C unit. I jacked it up and set it on 1' pieces of 3/4" conduit and rolled it into the corner and set it down. Painted the floor w/epoxy inside the office and hooked up my wiring. It's not real spacious but there's plenty of room for my computer desk, bookshelf, print rack, drafting table and filing cabinets. I plan to build a 40x90 building in the next year or 2 so I didn't want to do anything too permanent in the garage. I love it out here! I can work late on bookwork with out bothering the wife & kids. I can also practice my trombone and no one can hear me. If I had a microwave and fridge out here I'd be set.