Gentlemen:
As I understand the NJUCC from my Lic as Elec Sub-Code, and Elec Insp, HHS:

ALL commercial pools,(other than single family resi) are REQUIRED by State Law to have an "Annual Pool Inspection" for which an Electrical Tech Card (Permit Application) must be submitted to the local municipality. THIS permit application can be filled out & signed by "ANYONE"! IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A Lic. EC.

THe "Pool Bonding/Grounding" requirements are that a 'certified' testing entity perform a bonding/grounding test to certify that the bonding/grounding is in conformance.
The testing entity provides a Certificate to the pool owner, of which a copy has to be attached to the "Annual Pool Inspection" tech card. The Certificate can be 'good' for a max of five years, this it the 'call' of the entity that is signing the document.

So, based on the above, apparently your TACO person in the muni bldg did not know the law. Not faulting anyone, but it's a confusion, unless the TACO handles a lot of Pool Inspections.

THe local Health Dept is NOT supposed to grant approval for the annual opening of any comm pool without the prior annual inspection signed-off by the Electrical Sub-Code, or Electrical Inspector. This is the perfect world rendition of the State Statute, as written, but unfortunatly, not a real world occurance.

BTW, the newest version of the UCC Electrical Tech Card has an "Annual Pool Inspection" line in the inspection box, but not in the 'item' column.

THe cause/reason for the required inspections can be explained to anyone who has interest; just ask!!

John

PS: MaintenanceGuy, if you want to discuss, send me an e-mail, and I'll give you my cell #.

JA

John