Okay, stupid question time...

I've done / helped a dozen or so service / panel upgrades - it's either been swapping out 100A panels for ones with more spaces, or upgrading 60A's that were pre-dropped with 100A capable services. All the rest have been new installs.

I've never had to cut or re-splice a drop. My old foreman used to do it - I just pulled meters to swap panels.

I've been approached about upgrading a service for a co-worker from 60 to 100A. - Current service is one conductor 60A in 1 1/4" conduit - 60A meter base, going to an old 8 space fuse box. New stuff (obviously) will be 2 conductor in (probably) 2" to a 100/200 meter base, 20 space (breaker) panel.

We'll be running on limited circuits until the PoCo establishes a two-line incoming, and we can start breaking circuits apart.

I know when cutting the incoming to eliminate any "downstream" usage (duh - easy when pulling the meter), but once I get everything new installed, what are your recommendations to re-connect the incoming, if only on a temporary basis?