I am planning on installing the wiring for my new spa. I have read most of the postings here and would like confirmation on my understanding. The spa is going to be partially installed in the ground. The spa required 240V/50A service.

I plan on using Spa Disconnect GFCI Panel which specs 50A GFI with quick disconnect in an outside box. I am planning on installing a 50A 240V breaker in the main circuit panel. Running 4, 6 gauge wires from the panel under the house to the outside wall close to the spa (> 5 feet away from spa edge). I am planning on running the four (4) wires in 1" flex conduit from below the panel over to the outside wall. Drill through the stucco wall. Route the wires up to the spa GFCI panel. Do I need to use rigid conduit for this outside run? Is there any rules about a minimum height that the spa GFCI panel be mounted above the ground on the wall or any rules?

I plan to use plastic, gray pvc conduit pipe from the box to the spa. This would be buried 18" below the ground. Is there anything unusual about treating the bends in the pvc conduit pipe which would be different then sprinkler pvc with respect to glue or bends? I assume I need to use wet grade wire. Is this required outside? Do I need to have conduit up to the spa's surface?

Did I miss anything obvious?

Thanks,
Matthew