Lately, down here in Houston, the temperature has been a cool 102 degrees in the shade. Heck, it hasn't rained in several days or at least a week. We set out to stand several 175' highmast poles today. It was hot, but things were looking good. 150 ton crane for $200.00 an hour, and an 8 hour minimum no problem because we were on a mission. I went and rented a variable message board to alert traffic that lanes would be closed ahead, no problem, $210.00 a day. Had two guys out setting up barrels and advance warning signs to close down a lane on I-10 westbound near downtown Houston, the weather is clear, no problem.
Basically, a 6 man crew plus myself, 2 one ton trucks, a 150 ton crane, an 18 wheel truck, a crane operator, blah, blah, blah...
The rain.....the rain...yes...the rain. I swear the rain passed east of where we were working, stopped, backed up, and rained all over my party. I've never seen rain, stop, and backup, but I swear, I watched it with my own eyes.
I figure that little rain shower cost my company a couple of thousand bucks. I cringe every time I hear a 20% chance of rain. How much does an unexpected rain shower cost your company?

Rain drops keep falling on my.......job...
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX