After years of snatching cable, crawling on joist, bending pipe and running up and down ladders, it has finally caught up with me. I have suffered from back pain for ten years but I had no idea how bad off i was until i went for a MRI this week. I was shocked to find out that my back had given up on me. One disc with a massive rupture crushing my S1 nerve (L5-S1), another with a tear in it (L4-L5) and a third with a buldge (L3-L4).

The MRI was prompted by a loss of feeling below my left knee running through my toes. I have no reflexes on that foot which makes it impossible to climb a ladder or do just about anything.

This is just a reminder to make you guys think about how fragile our most important tool is. I have worked for days dealing with the pain, when i should have stopped and given my body a rest. But being the boss, i drudged ahead knowing that the job had to get done. Well i have realized that the job is not the most important thing now.

I am interested to know if any of you have suffered from ruptured disc(s) and how you treated the problem. I have been told by two doctors (othepedic and neuro surgeons) that surgery is the only hope to restore the feeling in my left leg.

[This message has been edited by arseegee (edited 07-06-2003).]