Hello all,

First time on this board. Really like it so far. Thanks to all for the great posts on the many threads.

Residential panel with very minor arc damage to bussing and discoloration on one meter socket. A bolt loosened up after a power outage or had been loosening up over 20 years panel was installed.

I am mainly a commercial contractor but the customer is a family friend. I really don't know what the right thing to do is. I could buff out the busses and re-bolt. Or try to find replacement parts which I think will be difficult. Or I will need to replace the whole panel.

Not the area I am strongest in. I am reluctant to take on the liability of repairing a 20 year old panel that two-four other electricians/homewners have already added to with pool, spa, Malibu lights, Lighting and a few other additions.

At the same time I want to give this customer the best possible advice. Too bad I could not get the utility company to bear the burden. But the bus turned out to be loose not just a loose jaw on the meter.

What do you think? One to walk away from/turn to a bigger outfit. Or go ahead and rig it?

Thanks, Robert