Hi Target Shooter,

Welcome to the forum, I myself can relate to some of your dissappointments. I am sure all the guys here would agree with me when I say in this line of work We are going to have a lot of ups and downs. How we handle them is what counts. However there is a lot of good advice given here.
I am a Electrical and Plumbing Contractor and I know first hand how a person can get down/burn out with all of what is going on.
You said you were 48, We'll I am just a head of you 50. And now that I have turnesd 50 I can REALLY enjoy working for myself andand others and enjoy living.
Sometimes in lifes dissappointments we have to take a step back and see where we are in life, and where we are headed and decide where we want to go, NOT where Business or people want to go, But US you and I.
The best advice I can give you is to ask God to help you resolve this. I don't want to sound like a preacher, Cause I'am Not, or do I want to preach to you. I am only sharing testimony in my life what has happen.
I asked God to help me in my work and health, I set my business up So I would be working for the Lord. When God is for you, No one is against you. It is great having the best boss in the world and their are no problems that my boss cann't handle and resolve. When a situlation occurs I pray and turn it over to him, its great. He takes care of everything. Sure there are man made problems that will happen,if and when they do he handles it for me, thank the Lord.
I asked for his guidence and direction. Since the first of January to date, I not only have work going on I now have 2 full time employes and one part time secretary. I am now also DEBT FREE< THANK THE LORD.
I like the rest will help you in any way I can. Be patient. We all share some of the same experences, We just choose different paths and we are on different journeys.
God Bless you and good luck.
Later
wayne