Today, I personally went back to the house with the tripping problem and this is what I found.

I opened the panel and put a clamp meter on the circuit in question. It read .18 amps. I went in the house to the affected rooms and hit one switch, the breaker tripped. I reset it and tried another switch, tripped again. I did this with 6 different switches with the same result. After the 6th one I changed the breaker to a regular one. I could then turn every light on without tripping. After I turned everything on, I had a max reading of 11.62 amps on the meter(15 amp circuit).

Most of the switches on the circuit are Lutron Maestro, however even the standard single pole was tripping the breaker, but its fixture is a florescent.

What is causing the arc fault to trip? Nothing has a ground. Everything works fine with a standard breaker. Every switch caused a the circuit to open, so we can't limited the problem to one set of fixtures or switch. The same circuit was causing periodic tripping of a GFCI, but not constant like the arc fault. ?????????????????????