Hello All,

Installed a receptacle yesterday on a screened-in porch. It was about 40" away from the screen. I used an outdoor box and EMT with compression fittings. I stubbed down to a hole I drilled in the 7" concrete slab floor. I bent the offsets, placed the box and thought everything looked mighty fine. The home owner comes home and says "That's not what I wanted. I thought you were going to use that stuff that they use to cover wires." I said "Wiremold?" He says "Yeah, Wiremold" I preceeded to tell him that this was a damp, if not wet location and that Wiremold was for dry, indoor locations. He says "I've seen it outside before." I told him that if he saw Wiremold being used on an outdoor installation that it was not to code. I also told him that I could not knowingly install the stuff where he wanted it and that I didn't think that the inspector would be too happy either. I said that I would be more than happy to take out what I put in and he could get someone else to put up Wiremold.

Well this irked me to no end, so last night I went to a box store and tried to find something else for him. All the Wiremold plainly stated in bold letters "WARNING: USE IN DRY INDOOR LOCATIONS ONLY"

Am I whacked? Is there such a thing as outdoor Wiremold? I told the guy he could paint it but he still didn't seem to happy. But he couldn't have been too PO'ed. He told me to finish this and hang him a light under another porch.

Adam