Welcome back and thanks for your service. I remember you looking a bit younger for some reason.

Anyway, to go back and contemplate an Engineering degree, now that takes some good attitude. I am not sure if I would care to jump through all those hoops again, as I skipped several and finally talked to a counselor as I was ready to graduate. I had skipped several low level courses and they were not pleased. I ended up substituting 15 credits of masters levels classes for these, and that would not be allowed today with computers verifying everything now days.

That being said, please do, though look into the school you choose very closely. Electrical Engineering programs differ greatly, there are so many specialties and most have little to nothing to do with most types of electrical work.

As for me, I started out designing ultrasonic instruments (discrete analog design, with some digital), and have ended up where I am now for over 30 years. I enjoy getting out on the ground and have done from lightning protection, communications, building electrical, distribution, solar and hybrid, one hydro dam, green houses, controls, sewer systems, and the list goes on. It is fun and rewarding, especially as I have gotten multiple helicopter flights, snow mobile and ATV trips, back country horse and hikes, etc. and have been blessed to see some beautiful country.

Last edited by sabrown; 04/04/22 12:12 PM. Reason: Correct the one misspelling I saw. Likely more lurking..