First let me say I am not a professional. But I need the help of a professional. I have an old Emerson Motor picture attached belonging to a vintage craftsman Jointer. My quandary is what wire of the cord goes to what Terminal? there are four terminals. I opened up the motor and tested every thing for continuity and here is what I have found. Terminals #1 and #3 are connected to the run winding. Neither of them test for continuity with either of the other wires? The wire from #2 goes to the start winding, capacitor and ends at centrifugal switch ( bar underneath switch) Term. #4 connects directly to the base part of the switch. All the diagrams I have looked at show the run winding circuit being in parallel with the start winding circuit. But if it is shouldn't I find continuity with the other circuit this is where I am confused. Crude diagram attached. I do understand the basics of how this motor operates but I am missing some thing here. Any knowledge any one could give me would be welcome. Also mainly which terminals would the hot and neutral be connected to. If there's any other testing I can do? Thanks Much

Attached Images
planer3.jpg planer wiring.jpg planer motor3.jpg