I have run a temp 30amp single circiut gfi protected circiut to a second building we are currently working on. The temp includes the hot, the neutral and a ground. In the second building I installed a small 8 circuit panel to redestribute the circiut to 3 breakers to control 3 different outlets at different loctions. The hot is connected to 1 of the phase lugs, the neutral is on the neutral bar and the ground is bonded to the panel under a lug. The neutral and the ground are NOT bonded together at this location. In this second building the shell of the entire building is up. My problem is that not being sure that the building is grounded I drove an 8' ground rod and connected a grounding electrode conductor to the building steel. I have made no other connections to the grounding electrode. My 3rd year apprentice says that I'm wrong in doing this. Does anyone else think that this is wrong? If I am, what exactly have I done wrong and why? In reading the 1999 nec 250-24 , Exception No.1& 2: I read that is not required to have a grounding electrode when only one branch circuit is used. This power is only being used for a few hand power tools for the next 3 weeks, we dont really have the need for any 208v or any heavy amprege. We have already taken voltage drop into consideration. My question is did I need to ground the steel in the building (I dont feel that a steel building sitting on concrete walls is well grounded structure) with a grounded electrode. Or did my running of the equipment ground with the branch circuit and bonding that to this panel cover it. My concern it that if there is a fault current on the building steel that it will have no where to go.