Originally Posted by HotLine1

Lighting was 36-400 watt metal halide fixtures, roughly 15KW. The lighting, and a front & rear doorway light were the only items on the 400/320 service.

Surely that should say 400/230V, John? grin
Growing marijuana here in NZ is still illegal, but that doesn't stop people from doing it, it's just like moonshine stills in the South.
What used to crop (no pun intended) a lot of marijuana growers up here, before the power consumption was found to be excessive for the type of building (usually a rented house), was the complaints from neighbours about the noise from the air re-circulation fans, running 24/7 and being single-phase types, these can get really noisy.

I once did a "job" here for a guy that said all of his Metal--Halide lights went out all of a sudden because of a voltage surge, I was expecting to turn up to a house with external lighting.
The guy answered the door and he looked really cagey, scoped the driveway before he'd let me into the house.
Sure enough, he'd torn all the walls out of the three bedrooms and there were plants for Africa in there.\
I just said sorry I'm not doing this job and walked out and called the police before leaving the premises.

Personally I don't have a problem with marijuana, but when people build large grow-ops to deal in drugs for supply to who knows who, (could be kids, etc), that I have a problem with.
The person that grows a single plant for their own use, fair enough.

Last edited by Trumpy; 08/26/18 12:00 AM.