Originally Posted by HotLine1
The trunk slammers, and the scammers will be there soon,if they didn't get there yet.

I don't think the felony risk is a concern for someone who doesn't "bother" with licensing. Many will rush into Texas and Florida for a quick buck from desperate people.

It's easier for roofers and roll-off service provides to make money helping people legitimately after such a storm. However, there are stories about electrical contractors loading up on quality work after a disaster.

If you have such a story, then I'd like to hear it. For example, if you have a Louisiana master electricians license, then you can work in Texas. I'm writing a featured article to be considered by a trade magazine and would like to interview you.

One electrical contractor made $800,000 in cash NET installing generators after Hurricane Irene (2011) plus service work for government buildings, hospitals, and some affluent homes.

Anyway, the article is going to share success stories, ethics considerations, licensing concerns, and key areas of opportunity. Over the years I've been keeping track of stories. Hope it helps get folks back on their feet.

Best,

Justin