Well, I've been looking at every bender I can find ... and what have I found?

Greenlee is the only one that has a shoe without the hole in the middle of it. The part you stand on is larger. The handle is lightweight, and clearly meant to be used as a hickey. Alas, the angle markings are pretty bland, and the alignment arrow is tiny. Precise- but tiny.

Klein and Ideal both have (this month) black heads, and the markings are quite sharp and clear.

Southwire is the cheapest, and the handle is heavy.

Prices range from $27 for the Southwire to $84 for the Ideal. Klein prices vary widely, depending on the handle; the cheaper Klein models have simple pipe handles, that cannot be used as hickeys.

One place sold the handles and heads separately. "Everyone makes their own," I was told. Oddly enough, in my experience I'm the ONLY guy with a home-made handle. Buying the head and handle separately carries about a $20 price penalty.

GB was not considered. I have already mentioned the different head orientation, where GB benders have made a 45 degree bend when the handle is vertical, compared to my common use of a 30 degree bend. IMO, this cancels out any value the integral level might have.

Overall, it looks like Greenlee gets the nod. I sure wish they would clarify the markings on them.

As for brand loyalty ... I have none. Part of this is by necessity; nobody has everything available everywhere. Moreover, brands often have some tools that are superb, and some that are duds.