I'm trying to get a answer for a Client but not finding prohibited uses. I've always seen, and connected to low voltage cable and or speaker wire for under cabinet lights,XENON or 12v Halogen. My clients lighting store said to install regular speaker wire, the 18 gauge clear, zip wire. The light manufacturer is now stating that it should be cl2 type. Whats the real risk, insulation melting in wall? amperage is well under the wire rating. And is this still a practice in new construction? I've been doing mostly repair work last few years. Thanks Chris