A few years back, I bought a house and began a down-to-the-frame remodel. Included in this plan is a complete re-wire.

A good thing, too. The existing wire proved to be damaged - a fire in the attic had resulted in sections being 'free spliced' to make repairs. After the second circuit failed a megger test, I decided to not use any of the existing wiring.

I followed with a service change that still awes the PoCo line crews.

Yet .. despite this ... I still had lights dimming.The slightest load, and voltage would drop from 120v to 95v. I finally was convinced that nothing on my side of the meter was the problem. So, I called the PoCo.

Naturally, PoCo "procedure" deferred my repair order from a beautiful day, to one that had some light rain. Ultimately, the PoCo solved my issues by switching my feed to a different transformer. Now I have 122V, not a bit affected by whether I have a load.

So.... why are my neighbors unhappy? Well ... it seems that, as the PoCo continues to run down my original problem, the neighbors are having their power interrupted. PoCo crews are going from house to house, meter to meter.

This is causing much nervousness. Everyone who's a bit behind in their bills is in a panic; everyone who has broken the meter seal and monkeyed with things is rehearsing their denials. Folks are getting upset as line crews 'trim' the trees.

Fussy Reno has kicked over the hornets' nest.

On the plus side, my new microwave actually works now. smile