Curiosity "forced" me to take a look at the YouTube Video, using the Hyperlink posted by Tesla.
After seeing those Clowns, I viewed some of the "Related Videos", showing additional Circus-Staff Electrical Gurus at "Work".

My Evaluation:

Stealing kWh, Conductors, OCPDs, and such -vs- the total Risk, divided by the amount of Time involved to perform such tasks, may yield - at best, 25% the earnings of any minimum wage job; with the potential Risk factor of someone performing Black Operations / Suicide Missions.

Thrill-Seekers? I guess earning $7.50 / hr with a maximum Risk potential of boredom; maybe a slip-and-fall issue at best... - along with an almost -0- possibility of being shot by someone, experiencing arc fault blasts & getting the &%#@ shocked out of a Person, falling => 35 feet, or spending an extended amount of time at the State License Plate Pressing Facility (Prison), makes no sense at all!!!

Sorry to rant again. This stuff really gets to me - especially when it comes to viewing the disastrous results of those whom were "Not So Lucky This Time".

As had been common in the past, every 6 months or so, I get to hear the boasting of some Joker's "How I Steal xxx Electrically Related Items", and how they either make lots of money, or not have to pay for kWh consumption - or both!
Encounters with these Electrical Wizards typically occur at a Party or a Home Center; however, back in the Days when I was in the Field (read "Working"), the random Laborer & Misc. Trade Person boasted similar stories.

All had/have a few things in common:
  1. Highly Impaired Vision,
  2. Impeded use of Limbs - typically Arms, Hands and Fingers,
  3. Mild to Severe Skin Issues - burns, scratches, etc.,
  4. Short Attention Span - pre-occupation with impending doom, etc.,
  5. Uncontrollable Urge to obtain _ANY_ Recyclable Non-Ferrous Metals within site, regardless of risk involved,
  6. Minimal Cash On-Hand (many queries for a "Loan Until Payday"),
  7. Beautifully orchestrated stories of "Riches Beyond Belief" - reverting back to the listing in Line "F" above,
  8. Appear to "Duck And Cover" or "Play Hide And Seek" if / when a Police Vehicle is sighted.

Finished with an obvious humor attempt.

Leaving Soapbox / end of rant mode.

--Scott (EE)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!