Presently a licesed electrician in PA (east/central area). Signed up with state attorney general office as required by law. My question is does NY or NJ require an actual license issued by the state (you need to take a test) or does each town handle these requirements. I am thinking about moving up north near PA/NY/NJ border so my work would extend into those areas. I am certified by the NCCER and have my card. The town I presently live in took that immediately when they first asked me my experience level before issuing my license for the township. I read on the inernet that NY does not but it was an old remark and don't know if up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.


Last edited by AFJES; 01/06/14 05:22 PM.