I always wonder at the difficulty some places seem to have in running EMT- and I marvel at the religious fervor of those who like seeing a green wire!

The Steel Tube Institute has a link to a UL grounding study of EMT. The amount of fault current EMT can carry is awesome. I was there for some of the tests- and, trust me, there were plenty of loose connections in the test set-up. (They didn't plan it that way, it's just that their techs are not electricians!)

Somehow Chicago seems to get along just fine without that redundant green wire. About the only time Chicago electricians like the green wire is when they can use it as a pull string smile

Adding a few more lines to the NEC is not going to help, when the issue is careless or incompetent installation.

I recently worked on a 20A circuit that had a #10 feeding the box, a #12 to the appliance, and a #14 ground wire - all run in EMT. One could see from afar that whoever ran the pipe was not very practiced in either running pipe, or in mounting to industrial construction.

Some folks could mess up a one-piece puzzle.