Hello!

I just placed a hot tub on a small slab (put in for the tub) along the side of my deck. My deck is about the same height as the hot tub, so there will be a door in the deck railing to step in and out of the hot tub from the deck. The service door on the side of the hot tub (where the controls and 240VAC terminations are) is located on the deck side of the tub. This means that I have to crawl under my deck to open the door and work on it. I believe the rule states that the disconnect for the tub must be >5ft from the tub and in line of site from the tub. The most convenient place for me to put the disconnect box is under the deck where the cable will come out of the crawl space of my house. I have to go under the deck anyway to work on the tub so is it ok to put the disconnect there? I do not want the disconnect box above my deck where everyone can see it. The disconnect box is one of them pre-assembled outdoor spa boxes. It contains a 50A gfci breaker. In the house I have a dedicated 50A breaker. Thanks for any help in advance. I was going to post a picture of the location, but the picture site won't let me yet.
Regards,
Jason