OK, time to re-open an emotional topic: "spy" cameras.

I agree, folks don't like the idea of being watched. We feel insulted, and we're reluctant to trust the unaccountble troll on the other end of the feed.

Yet ....

When I wired that mini-mart, the guy put cameras all over the place - not just pointing at the cashier. It was amazing who stole - often the last folks you would expect. Later, when an armed robbery was attempted, the various cameras were able show the entire drama, from the guy approaching the store to the police carting him off.

Last night the cameras at the mill took wonderful footage of a man rummaging through multiple desks. A long time skilled employee, recently advanced to management, his behaviour was inexcusable. Seems all those mystery break-ins over the years have now been explained. He no longer works here.

Folks, you can't predict when or why you'll need a camera. I'm becomming convinced that the only logical thing is to record everything, all the time.

A bad world? Is it? Or, will we be more 'free' when we stop others from preying on us?