As part of a package of work that a customer wants me to do in his store he also wants me to move an existing neon sign from the back of the store to the front (inside installation and existing). My question is basically, do electricians normally do this type of work or is it usually done by the neon sign guy? I just don't want to sound like I am inexperienced to my customer but have my hesitation on doing this part of the job. I am concerned that if I tell him I don't want to do this part of the job I may loss the rest of the work to another electrician. I would think that this type of work is best performed by someone specializing in this. I know you have to use special transformers etc. But after reading some neon sign makers websites they make it sound so simple that you take your shipped sign out of the box and hang it up. But this sign is ganged with others. I also know that these signs are expensive and just one mistake and I could loss the money I make on the rest of the job but if I tell him an electrician normally does not do this type of work and he has to call a sign job I don't want him telling me that he had an electrician hook up the other ones.

What is usally the story with neon signs? Is it usally part of an electricians pocket of tricks depending on his experience or other?

Any advise would be very welcomed. I need to quote him on the rest of the job within a few days.

Thanks