Hello - I spent some time looking at various posts on the forums for info on wiring a Split Phase Resistance Start Motor for forward and reverse, but haven't had much luck. Scott35 had posted some Schematics For: 1Ø Split Phase Motors - Series 1 years back that were helpful (https://www.electrical-contractor.n...&Number=148746&page=2#Post148746)

I have an old sears craftsman 1/2 hp split phase induction motor (model 12120, cat # 1212) but can't find any info for wiring it so it can run both forward & reverse via a switch. I was looking to use a dpdt switch with center off to do that but cannot figure out how to wire it properly and am wondering if it's possible. The motor has a yellow wire and blue wire with lugs that can be placed on either of 2 tabs. The cover plate says 'to reverse rotation interchange blue and yellow leads'. There's also two other threaded posts that the ac (110V) wires connect to. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a link if the solution has been posted already? Thanks.