Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I am a film student a few weeks out from working on my final year film and have a few concerns about setting up lighting in a particular location.

The location is in rural Australia in an old shed on a farm. The closest power source is approximately 100 metres (328 feet) from the shed and I need to power a number of high wattage lights simultaneously. As far as I am aware, the power source (house) has two circuits, each with 5000W. Below is a picture of the power box, each circuit has 250V and 20A.

[Linked Image from i339.photobucket.com]

My question is this: is it possible to run a heavy duty extension cable (Or multiple cables) to the shed and still have useable power? Or is it just too far away to be realistic/safe? Are there any alternatives?

Our last resort is to hire a generator but as we will be shooting for close to a week this will add a significant cost to a very stretched budget and also provide noise issues. We will need at least 3000W usable power to create the lighting set-up desired.

Thanks so much!

Patrick Jaeger