Hi

I have a holiday flat in Spain. The supply is 25A and it would be both difficult and expensive to upgrade. In addition to my incoming 25A breaker and 25A ELCB with the consumer unit in the flat, there is a limiting box outside by the meter. The idea of the box is to stop me using more than my contracted power.

My main problem is that if the oven is in use along with three or more of the rings on the ceramic hob the aformentioned box removes my supply for about 10 minutes.

What I would like to do is shed the power to the cooker when ever the hob draws more than either 15 or 20A. Thus saving me from loosing my supply.

I know that there are load shedding circuit breakers available. However the only ones I can find details of shed the load for 5 or 10 minutes which is far too long as I would wish the oven to be reconnected as soon as the thermostats turn off the elements on the hob.

Some one mentioned using a protection relay to remove the power to the oven when the hob current exceeded my 15A. The only ones of these I can find are designed for protecting motors.

Can anyone help me with finding the correct unit for either of these solutions or even suggest another way of achieving what I want?

Ted