I'm a firm believer in no time card, no paycheck. It's the individual responsibility that their timecards are is turned in to whom ever, filled out correctly, and on time. Or in the words of jack Nicholson, "no tickie, no laundry!"

I do believe embracing technology and modernizing. Like the job clock or apps for smart phones. Employers need to be careful on what they expect from their employees to supply. I remember as a young patawan electrician (that's a apprentice talk in Jedi lingo) I would not be able to afford a smart phone. It's good to see the contractor supplied phones. Smartphones not being cheap is a big investment to supply to their sparkies but if they pay for themselves, why not?

I use my personal iPhone for work mostly. It really don't cost me anything for me and since it is mine, they can't say what I can and can't do with it. Plus I don't have to carry two phones and it makes me more productive and efficent which employers like. I'm not a company man by any means but it I do my part by assisting my employer keeping costs down, the more competitive they can be and more likely I'll have a job Monday morning.

Now that I segwayed from the OP, now we return to our regular scheduled post...

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa