I have a question about taps not over 25 foot.

Scenario:
I have a 320 amp service w/twin meter outside a well house with 2-200 amp Main breakers(established service). One breaker feeds the shop and the other feeds the house and the well house. Here in the meter base on the customer side I used tap blocks to w/4/O AL to feed 200 amp panel in house and 1/O AL to feed 100 amp panel(12 feet from meter base) in the well house and 4/O from main breaker to a 3 hole tap block in meter base. Originally I came from back of meter base with 1/O SER cable and fed 100 amp panel inside well house(not in a raceway)this cable was inside the wall of well house and above in trusses, which is going to be finished with drywall. Is physical damage applied to cables in a wall? I read the not over 25 foot rule as not specifically requiring a raceway as written in 10 foot rule or over 25 foot rule. Am I reading to deep into other approved means? To pass my inspection I changed SER cable to underground direct burial wire and ran outside the well house to panel, using the outside tap rules.
Thanks Guys and Happy Turkey Day!!!
H2O