Horse stalls. Beam and post construction , 132’ X 24’. Roof over ½ of area, or 132’ X 12’. Metal siding on back wall as well as 12’ on the 2 ends. 10 stalls and 1 tack room, each 24’ X 12’, with tack room in middle of building. Stalls utilize knock down corral fencing on all sides. Tack room framed up with plywood front and sides. Concrete floor in tack room, and concrete continues out 12’ from tack room to front of stalls, and includes a frost-proof water faucet (fed with plastic pipe underground). Concrete slab was poured using fiber instead of wire mesh.
Proposed: Install 60amp 4-wire panel fed from meter/disconnect on a remote pole. Loads include 1 150watt light located in the middle of each wing (each wing consists of 5 stalls) and 1 light and 2 gfci outlets in tack room. PVC conduit will be wiring method, with snap covers on switch and outlets. Grounding electrode system will consists of two 8’ ground rods with #6 bare copper as my GEC. Bonding with a bolted lug to the metal skin with a connection to the GEC. Neutrals and grounds will be separated in panel.
I seem to be having a problem understanding the requirement for the equipotential plane. Since there is no metallic equipment that may become energized, is the E- plane still required?
Or because I am bonding the skin of the building to the service, would the skin be considered “metallic equipment that may become energized”, thus requiring the E-plane?
Since the metal corral fencing is not bolted together anywhere, do I need to bond each (any?) of these to the service?
You can see a couple of pictures of the project at Photobucket .
Thanks.
Rick Miell