We had a recent fire in a sprinkled warehouse that caused a problem. A seperate fire pump building was located 100 feet from the warehouse building.
The utility supply went to a transformer bank with utility cut outs. Then it split with one drop to the fire pump building the other drop to the warehouse. Both services were located inside.
The fire in the building got above the sprinklers. The fire was near the service equipment in the building. Because they couldn't get to the service the only other place to shut off the power to the building was at the transformer. If they do that it drops out the fire pump.
For years I have inspected installations where the building and the fire pumps are from the same transformer bank. They comply with the Code. But..............
I never thought about it but that is where the utiltiy usualy cuts power during a fire. Seems like a waste to seperate everything when it all comes from the same transforemers.
I don't see a solution, just a heads up that that sprinkler might not help that much after all.

Alan--
If it was easy, anyone could do it.