Just done a service change today, and when I use a weatherproof panel and a meter base above it, I usually just use (2) 2" pvc terminal adapters,1 out of hub on panel and 1 into bottom of meter base. The 2 adapters would not line up on the one I done today. I had already got my measurement on the mounting location of the panel and mounted it with the wires in it before I found out the 2 adapters would not line up. I could have used a metal 2" offset nipple ( probably should have:( ) but I didn't want to have to use a bonding bushing. Instead I thought I would use a pvc offset I seen at Lowes. I ended up using it, but instead of having threads on each end, it had a coupling on one end and threads on the other. In order to use it I had to add another terminal adapter and cut a piece of pvc to go between. In normal circumstances this may have not made a difference, but my meter was going to be a little high anyway, but by having to use this type of offset, it made it even higher.
My question: Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes one with threads on both ends??? If none makes one like that, I wonder why not. Obviously they are not aware of this type of installation..Maybe some of you do it differently than I do. I like to use a meter/combo when I can, but can't seem to find a good supplier with a decent price that carries the variety that I need sometimes. One of my suppliers told me that the biggest meter/combo that Square D makes is a 200 amp 24/40 circuit meter combo which sometimes will work, but then after 24 you have to use the more expensive breakers. Anybody else run into these situations or knows any other suppliers that has a better variety? I'm thinking about shopping over the internet for my panels if I can. Getting kind of frustrated with the availability in my area. Thanks for any input... Steve