OK I/we went to see this today. Everything we "knew" was wrong. Huge surprise huh?
They may have a real plan on the "legal". I think they are just transferring the bill on the meter so the PoCo won't care.

This isn't 480

The other pump is very seldom used so they will coordinate the load. (managed facility)

Existing
50a OC device, motor starter, 6ga wire hundreds of feet to a disconnect and a fire plug sized motor (name plate missing).
240v red leg delta, no neutral.
They already have 2 3/4HP 120v pumps installed (10.5 FLA)

Big conference and we all split off.

My thought is to be really legal they need a transfer switch if I can't find out more about the big motor.
There seems to barely be enough copper for that and certainly not enough for another 1.5HP.
YMMV on how you deal with managed facilitates.

Then my thought
Take phases A/C out through a 20a 2 pole OC device on 4-2 150' to the first pump, set a 5 KVA transformer to get 240/120, feed the first pump/disco right there with #12, #4-2 out of the other winding down to the second pump/disco 550 feet away (4v V/D)

Now it may be noted the service disco shows 257 between phases *the red leg" is almost 220 above ground so they could stand some voltage drop. I think they ramped up to get that 10HP?? motor to run.
I really wish I had a way to test this drop before we start buying copper.
I am curious to see what the EC comes up with.

Greg Fretwell