Originally Posted by mr_electrician
Originally Posted by Sandro
If you wish for this installation to pass code. You cannot enter directly into the back of the panel when through the basement foundation wall.

Yes you are correct. I seen that in section 6 after I posted the question. I think I should pop up through the garage floor then LB into the mechanical room through the foundation. I haven't done alot of services....in fact mabey 3 in my career. Should I ground the neutral in the meter base or at the panel? Am I required to pull a bond wire between the meter base and panel?

Ask me an industrial installation question or programming question and I'm ggod to go. Residential services....I need brushing up on!

Ground the neutral at the panel. As far as I know, only Brantford requires a bond between mb and panel. Check with your local ESA.

Popping up through the garage floor is not a good idea.

The preferred way is to run your pipe in the garage floor through the wall as you originally intended. Then where the pipe enters the basement, put an LB sideways and put your panel to the left or right of the LB, not directly below!! Be sure to drill two small weeper holes and seal the LB with duct seal.

The purpose of the LB is to catch/stop any water from entering the panel.