I’m right there with you on the rest of it, but I think you have also touched on yet another popular subject for these installations as well.
For some reason, the disconnect switch, within sight, for the evaporator fans seems to be a contested issue among refrigeration and electrical contractors.
Most reefer contractors that use their own in-house electricians don’t seem to put them in.
A lot of them will actually get upset if you do happen to put one in, especially in a freezer application, because of the possibility that an employee could turn it off when restocking the freezer, because they are uncomfortably cold, then forget to turn it back on when finished. I have actually seen this has happen at least a few times in the past on smaller single evaporator walk in freezer units, so it seems like, in some ways, it may be a justifiable gripe on their part.

I have done it both ways myself, but it seems that I have put the switch in for the future convenience and safety of the service tech voluntarily, more so than as a requirement and inspectors just never seemed to say anything about it one way or the other. I suppose a lock on the circuit breaker might be a way around it.
I think it should be there to the letter of the code, but I’m not quite sure why it never seemed to be an issue.