Well... I see where your coming from, but everything else aside, what I’m attempting to do is set up a hypothetical minimum code compliant installation for these areas and without confusing or interchanging the application of lighting outlets with receptacle outlets.
I guess what I am driving at is that it seems in kitchens, pantries and dinning rooms, where all wall and floor receptacle outlets are required to be supplied by the one or more 20A SABC’s, the exception that allows one or more switched receptacles supplied from any 15A general purpose branch circuit to be used in lieu of a lighting outlets, could also be considered as meeting the requirements for receptacle outlet spacing if they were only one-half switched, as is often done.
With the receptacle outlet spacing requirement being met by these half-switched receptacles supplied from a general purpose 15A branch circuit, wouldn’t this seemingly negate the need to further extend the 20A SABC beyond the first receptacle outlet, such as in a dinning room, effectively bypassing the requirement that all receptacle outlets serving these areas be on at least one of the required 20A SABC’s?
Obviously, this is inadequate and I’m sure none of us would do this, but wouldn't this be a bare minimum code compliant installation?

laugh laugh Then again, if true, this could make that next lowball bid just that much harder to beat! laugh laugh