I'm a high school student in my second year of Electrical Construction at VoTech.

I've got a project to do this weekend and I need help. Don't worry, I'm not looking for the answer, just some help figuring it out myself.

I have to create a project on paper to install 4 new subpanels located at different locations in our high school and figure out the wire size needed.

Here's what I'm doing:

I counted steps to my classes so I know (close enough for this project anyway) the wire lengths. I can calculate voltage drop and I know how to figure out what size wire I need based on voltage drop.

We will have 16 wires (feeders) in one conduit and I know how to figure out the wire size based on "more than 3 conductors" in a conduit.

The problem is that I don't know if I need to do both. I mean, do I need to increase the wire size for voltage drop and then increase it again for the number of wires in the conduit or do I figure out the wire size for voltage drop alone and then the wire size for number of wires alone and then pick the one that gives me the largest wire?

Thanks for any help.

-Wants2Learn