It hasn't kept me from doing anything as of yet.
But it doesn't seem to be anthing but a permanant number and an ID card. I didn't have to pass any test to get the card and number. I've had mine for years. Now if you apply for this LTD license they have an exam to pass to recieve one. But in my case I just sent n the $25 dollars and got the certificate.
The license allows me to pull permits for residential and commercial electrical services. I don't know the dollar limits of the jobs one may do with this license but I've heard $30,000 per job per month, is the cap.
I've never done anything near this. A few commercial services 200 amp single phase, and less than a 100 residential and mobile home services all 200 amp. About half of these under this license.
The inspectors here all approve the work I do and I know it safe and code compliant.
I feel that Tennessee falls way short in its licensing of Electricians, at least with this LTD license. I mean the test they give the new guys is a step in the right direction but way little and way late.
In the absence of what I deem a credible license, I was just inquiring if anyone held a journeymans or a masters in Tennessee and how they pursued this. From the local inspectors viewpoint as long as my work passes them then all is well. But I suppose I just yearn to hold the credentials of a qualified electrician after demonstrating my ability and worthyness to do so.

Lighting the way