Ahh, Christmas.
The time of year when a years worth of collusion & conspiracy by the manufacturers of holiday light strings to make my d@#%mn life miserable comes to fruition.
20 or so strings of 100, 15 which work fine when tested, only 10 of which work immediately after standing in my %$#@ uneven mulch bed on the 6th step of a &@#% 8' ladder in the freezing #@%@# cold.
Once you find the lousy offending bulb, none of the initial 5 strings have the same #@&% dimension, and the 1 spare that is provide by the manufacturers in their infinite benevolence can't be distinguished from the other 200 %@#@# spares that are in the same bag from years of not wanting to throw any away for fear of being one lousy bulb short.
So I'll send my wife to the store to buy 10- more strings of 100, which will probably be comprised of 4 different manufacturers, and all will be well until we remove them after Christmas and indiscriminately throw them into a box with all the other lights that work this year but won't work next @#$#@ year!!
Please excuse the language, and have a very Happy Holiday [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 12-02-2002).]