Those in the Chats know I've been working on making a new community center. This job has sputtered along for over six months, and has involved all manner of inspections, committees, reviews, etc. Well, we're at the end stage - and boy, did I drop the ball!
The short version: I failed to review the trim details, and did not allow for (among other things) the 12" wide trim around the doors in setting my boxes. The result? Lots of major re-work.

Bad news: This is a long post.
Good news: There are lots of pics.

Bad news: Stuff I've been doing forever wasn't good enough.
Good news: I learned something.

I'll start with a light switch. Here is is, after the trim was installed:

[Linked Image]

Note that the trim is flush with the wainscotting. An attempt to camouflage this goof ALMOST worked:

[Linked Image]

The exit signs were another problem area. First, my hole before the trim went up:

[Linked Image]

Once the trim went up, you can see the problem (paint spray makes it hard to see the line):

[Linked Image]

This pic shows the solution ... a large backing plate behind the signs (forgive the poor picture quality):

[Linked Image]

Finally, I had to re-hang the bathroom lights. Rather than using the usual 4" box with mud ring, I was forced to use 1/2" "pancake" boxes and some MC to deal with the framing, etc. The fixture - as seen in this "before" pic - allowed absolutely no 'wiggle room' for an off center box:

[Linked Image]

Once again, the prints did show the fixture centered over the sink.