addendum: A stragtening/curling iron or a blow dryer could not set a cabinet on fire unless altered or broken. stragtening irons have a very, very high temperature, but on produce around 35 watts of heat, blow dryers produce 1200-1800+ watts of heat, but do not reach a high temperature before the thermal cut-out engages (I've used hairdryers from the late 1980's that have cutouts (ceramics hobby)), therefore a hair iron gets hot enough to set something on fire (seen it happen) but only if it's broken, as the element would have to directly contact something flammable, because the total heat output means the iron is unable to heat the surrounding air sufficiently to cause combustion-range temperatures, not to mention the design of the iron specifically prevents that from happening and a broken straghtening iron is so likely to cause terrible burns that it would be highly unlikely that it would be kept in use.

A hairdryer, is one, hard to fit in a medicine cabinet, two, hard to forget that you left in on, and three, has a thermal cut-out that will most likely turn it off in case of overtemperature conditions.

Personally I think that something similar to a British shaver outlet would be a good idea, an autotransformer fused at .5 or 1 amp to prevent any large load to be placed on them, and to eliminate shock hazard. OR, (best of all in my opinion) a small transformer, with a couple short cords coming out of a faceplate, with several adaptors and a voltage selector with each one, basically providing low voltage, and only low voltage, directly to the appliance being charged, without the need to cram a wall-wart in the cabinet in the first place, kind of like a permanently installed version of the Radio-Shack device that adapts to charge almost any device.

-Will