Hello, I was called out to a 26 unit apartment building for a complaint of appliances catching on fire in 1 unit. I met the fire dept. on site. At that time nothing could be found wrong electricly. All conections were checked and tightned in meters and in the affected apartment. POCO was on site and all voltages checked out good on both ends. It was decided to be a loose nuetral in the apt. sub panel.

3 days later I get the same call, but on a building wide scale. 13 of the 26 units having the same problem. I have now found half of my nuetral current to be on the GEC, indicating an open nuetral. Again brought in the POCO. The building has 2 800amp 1p services. Both have the same problem. We have megged the underground from poco transformer to meters. No problems found. Thermal camera used to check underground for hot spots. None found. We ran a temp nuetral from transformer to service and still had the same problem. I dismantled the meter banks, checked and tightend everything. Still have same problem.

What is really getting me on this is that my voltages have never been bad like you would see with an open or bad nuetral. Tomorrow I am planning on putting my recorder on the service for most of the day. While there, we will check all sub panels in each unit.

I am at a loss as to why I have good voltage but have current on the ground. Any body had this problem before?
Thanks, Richard