I really appreciate the replies - I've been stewing about this most the day. No pun intended. When things like this happen to me I try to find the reason why - Like, was it my fault... I couldn't believe a large builder like this would throw me this at the last second. Didn't make sense. Until, I remembered just earlier today, the stapled bunch of papers that the foreman quickly tossed to me during lunch in the last week of rough. He told me then, just some more info to cruise when you got time. Sure, I've been on this job by myself for 5 weeks and in the final week they throw me what the foreman loosely regarded as "more info" was actually the "project manual" - When I first received it I quickly spied contractual agreements and related issues (things worked out long ago with the brother) and I tossed it into the truck. Finally, 2 hours ago, I read the 31 pages complete. There are 16 divisions showing details for the individual contractors. There it was. On the last page, last paragraph that says:
Line item 1650: Telephone system, Intercom, audio, T.V/Video Note: All rough-ins from above that are in insulated spaces shall have air tight surrounds. That sinking feeling got worse... I actually drove to the site to check things out just earlier after dinner. They actually did NOT get to my main low voltage trunk lines yet... (WHEW!) I'm going back tomorrow on my own time to pull all of those trunks lines clear out of those spaces until they are done. One big lesson learned for this boy... I am planning a test just to see whats happening to my romex. I will place romex, Cat5, Coax and whatever scraps of communication wire that I can find into a "wall cavity sized box" and have the insulator fill it up to the same degree that they are filling those 2X6 walls with. I will report back, with pictures. Thanks everyone.