I appreciate everyones input and maybe I'm not making the circumstances clear enough. I will try again here.

There are two services to the building. It is an exsisting Body Shop that has been in business for many years. The single phase 200amp service handles most of the electrical requirements such as general lighting and power.

The three phase system only handles the equipment I mentioned and the commercial HVAC company wants to install a 3phase, 42amp, 230volt unit. The name plate says max. 50amp overcurrent protection per phone conversation with the HVAC contractor.

I have performed actual readings several times during the day with confirmation from the owner who is completely hands on with regard to equipment use as to when what equipment is operated. The load is constantly 20 to 60 amps throughout the day on the 3 phase service.

The Utility company has already given the okay to perform upgrade however I wanted to confim that with the additional load of the HVAC system would the demand be within tolerance of a 150amp service upgrade from 100amp.

Therefore:

Would anyone be able to give me some feed back on whether or not I am correct on thinking this upgrade will handle the exsisting load and the new load. I am assuming 60amp exsisting plus 50amp max on new for a total of 110amps on the 150 amp service. 80% being 120amps.

Thanks again and I hope this clarifies my situation.

BobV