Hello again!

I just thought I'd share these pictures and also try to find out what type of phone cable this is.. I found this cable in the house I am going to be moving into very shortly. This house was built in 1963 and is actually my Grandmothers old place. I sort of knew there was some bizarre wiring for the phones in the house as I remember seeing the ends of the cables in the basement stapled up near the phone junction block and dissapearing into the wall ( last two pictures).

I finally had a chance to get into the attic this past weekend to do some work and again found it running around under the insulation and supported by those weird hooks ( first two pictures). I also did find it in one wall stapled and bundled up to a stud while I was cutting in a box for a switch.

I am not 100% positive but I think this was used or called
"Riser cable" and was installed in apartments usually running up through the floors in conduits, or at least I have seen someting similar ... I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this used in your typical wood-framed house and what it is called!

Thanks again!
A.D

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]