Scott,
One GC said to me, what do you expect me to do, tell the owner he has to pay for that too, I would not have any work, what do you think all the other contractors do, they don't pay an electrician to do it, they just rip it off the building, and put one of the straps back on, what do you think, it's rocket science to put a strap on.
Then when you explain the dangers, they reply, that a crock, it's a no win, when your dealing with some of these guys, most of them have no formal training, in any of the trades, they letter a truck, print business cards, and bingo instant GC.
In my state all they need to do is register and make a payment, no testing to see if their qualified, just turn them loose. It might be a good idea, to make them attend a CEU class on safety, It's clear they are still not operating on a full 8 when it comes to safety.

I am sorry if I sound a bit rasp on this issue, but we have eniough problem keeping our image as a safe industry, with all the hacks, we don't need the sdditional burden of GC's tearing up our work and leaving it in an unsafe condition.

Last edited by LK; 05/05/07 07:45 PM.