The scenario: My sisters new lake house needs to have its dock mounted power pedestal placed/connected. The brother (me) was asked to do this simple project. The previous home owner had given them his complete set-up for this. There is a pedestal mounted disconnect with 240 30 amp plug-in point at shoreline - 100 feet of SO cord with twist-locks for connecting between the marine grade dock power pedestal and shoreline power. I understand you cant protect this whole thing with GFI protection without nuisance tripping. I simply don't feel comfortable running 100 feet of SO cord zip tied (suggested method) for 100' along a dock. They have a 4 year old daughter who is very inquisitive... I want to say sorry I dont feel comfortable connecting this but, I know the handyman will be next in line to do it.
Any suggestions? Money is not an issue with them. I was thinking (if I do it) that I could possibly protect the SO cord with PVC along the dock without gluing it so the whole thing could be dis-assembled before dock removal in the fall.

Thanks John